Student-Led Research Seminars
For more than 10 years, the Early Detection Research Group at BC Cancer – Kelowna have hosted the annual Student-Led Research Seminars!
These seminars are an opportunity for summer research students in health disciplines across the Okanagan to present an overview of their research to their peers & colleagues in a friendly and supportive environment. All summer research interns in a health-related discipline in the Okanagan are welcome to present.
The Student-Led Research Seminars provide opportunities for students to:
- facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations with other students, colleagues, and local members of the Okanagan medical community
- gain experience presenting research in a research environment
Attendees of the seminars include research interns, physicians, research principal investigators, Southern Medical Program faculty and staff, and more.
2022 Seminar Dates
- Thur Jul 14, 11am – noon (register here)
- Thur Jul 28, 11am – noon (register here)
- Thur Aug 18, 11am – noon (register here)
If you are a summer research student in the Okanagan at BC Cancer, Interior Health, or Southern Medical Program or another health-related organisation interested in presenting, please contact email@example.com. Each presentation will be about 10-15 minutes with time for brief questions afterwards and all are welcome!
This year, the seminars will be hosted both virtually and in person at BC Cancer Kelowna. To register attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.